The faithful of our parish regulary gather on Sunday after Divine Liturgy in the parish hall for coffee and refreshments. Families and individuals take turns volunteering to host coffee hour. The Junior UOL takes care of providing essential supplies (plates, bowls, cups, napkins, cutlery, coffee, tea, cereal for children).
Instructions for hosting a coffee hour meal:
- The hall and kitchen doors will be open by 8:00 AM on Sunday.
- Coffee hour is served after both liturgies, so food and set up should be ready by 10:00 AM.
- The coffee pot is turned on in the morning.
- Supplies, like plates, bowls, napkins, cutlery, and cups, are provided. Supplies can be found on the Coffee Hour cart or in the catering closet.
- Water, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and sugars are provided. Juices should be purchased.
- A selection of cereals is provided for the children. Milk must be purchased.
- Coffee pot, water kettle, pitchers, toaster, and serving utensils can be found in the kitchen.
- If you do not have time to clean up, just let us know and we will find volunteers to help.
Suggested foods* to serve:
- One gallon of milk (for coffee and cereal) and juices (at least three)
- Breads, croissants, and/or bagels
- Butter and/or cream cheese (bar or tub)
- Jams/jellies/spreads and peanut butter (you can find some in the kitchen refrigerator)
- A selection of cold cut meats and sliced cheeses
- Side salads (mixed greens, potato salad, macaroni salad, etc.)
- Dips, vegetables, and/or crackers
- Fruit(s) and dessert(s)
*During Lenten fasting periods, there are special instructions for food.
To sign-up up or for more information, please contact:
Mykola or Oksana Logvynyuk, Coffee Hour Coordinators
Phone: (216) 246-7978